It’s S-P-R-I-N-G Moms! What does that mean for us? A couple of things:
- It’s time for the seasonal ‘clothes management’ switch…that’s what I call sifting through the winter and summer clothes and deciding on a good mix of clothes to keep in the kids’ drawers for this “transitional” weather.
- Make summer camp/travel plans….eeekk! I don’t know about you, but this is the first summer that I will be paying for a camp and I wished someone would have told me 3 months ago. NOTE: also check in on afterschool plans for next school year.
- Get ready for the playgrounds, beaches and great outdoors!
One thing that I’m making sure I continue doing is making time for my own health, wellness and growth. Don’t let the spring schedules make less time for you moms. Even the smallest steps for you, will have a domino effect on your life. Find simple ways to be inspired and enriched.
Here are 4 simple ways I’m learning and growing:
Clear My Head (Products)
Started in 2004 by Brenda Stansfield, a Certified Clinical Aromatherapist & Licensed Massage Therapist, who was just trying to meet the needs of her clients. Clear My Head products do just that. Clear My Head firmly believes in healthy products, healthy sales, and healthy communities. They accomplish their corporate goals by using sustainable, organic, and natural ingredients, educating their customers about aromatherapy, and being active and involved in their community. I recommend the herbal inhalation, the linen mist, lip balm and to-go roll on. I keep most of the products by my nightstand and use them daily. A few months ago, I successfully recovered from a cold using the herbal inhalation herbs in a home steam treatment. I am currently raffling off a spa pack – get it!
The Kindness Diaries (Netflix Docuseries)
My sister was the one that told me about this series. During spring break, my mom, sister and I watched the series and I was so happy I did. Watch Leon Logothesis travel around the world on his yellow motorbike Kindness One. He relies entirely on the kindness of strangers and gives back to unsuspecting good Samaritans along the way. During the trip, he discovered that being ‘seen’ is the most powerful gift we can give others.
The show is about sharing compassion and empathy with others. It’s is about smiling at the world and seeing what happens when the world smiles right back at you. Watch the full 13 episodes on Netflix and you will thank me later. This bold move for living an adventurous and meaningful life is nothing short of simple joy.
The Blood Sugar Solution (Book)
In THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION, Dr. Mark Hyman reveals that the secret solution to losing weight and preventing not just diabetes but also heart disease, stroke, dementia, and cancer is balanced insulin levels. Dr. Hyman describes the seven keys to achieving wellness-nutrition, hormones, inflammation, digestion, detoxification, energy metabolism, and a calm mind-and explains his revolutionary six-week healthy-living program. With advice on diet, green living, supplements and medication, exercise, and personalizing the plan for optimal results, the book also teaches readers how to maintain lifelong health. Groundbreaking and timely, THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION is the fastest way to lose weight, prevent disease, and feel better than ever. I didn’t start reading this book just to lose weight, I wanted to know more about inner health and start shifting my perspective more so that I can set my kids up for better success in life and health.
Shine Text (Daily Text)
Sign up to receive targeted daily texts that motivate, inspire and help you reach your goals. My previous co-worker signed me up for these and at first I was like “hmmm.” But now I receive them and they help! Plus you can tap to discuss the daily text with the Shine community, which I thought was cool. And you can even rate how you are feeling that day and see how other community members are doing too. What a fun way to stay connected and focused. Here’s how it works:
- The number one way to make progress on your personal goals? Self-compassion. Shine sends you a daily text experience to help target dysfunctional beliefs (a common practice in CBT), give tactical intentions and remind you to be kind to yourself.
- Set a goal. Get curated intentions. See your progress AND see how other Shiners are doing to work on that goal. Gifs? Check. Sharable quotes? Check check. We got you.
- 93% of people who have used Shine texts say that they are more confident and have seen a noticeable improvement in their daily happiness.
I’m learning that making time to invest into my own growth has a ripple effect on my calling in life. And if you’re wondering how you can make the time to pick your own brain, if this single mama can do it, so can you. Prioritize the good things you need to grow in life.
Now your turn: comment below and tell me what are you loving right now? Give me your favorite book or song right now that I need to check out.