Happy Manifest Monday! The day when we concentrate on our ability to pull into reality our deepest desires of life.
Thought Check: Remember we have over 60,000 thoughts a day, right? Where has your mind floated to this morning? What was your self-talk like today? How many times have your complimented yourself versus found imperfections?
Over the weekend, I reread The Alchemist. Actually, let me be clear, I listened to the audiobook of The Alchemist, while I cleaned the house for what felt like the entire day. (I’m always open to someone coming over and doing the laundry ?) The audio book can be found on YouTube for free. ?
It’s been years since I reviewed this story and what an amazing story it is. If you haven’t read this book — you must! It’s a story of a boy ? named Santiago on a quest to live his personal legend and how following his dreams, listening to omens and not settling or letting fear get in the way, helped him to live a fulfilled life; which makes the world’s spirit happy. I know, that’s saying a lot in a short sentence. But pick up the book, or look up the audio, and take the journey.
Until then, here is a collection of my power snippets from the book:
- You have a Personal Legend to fulfill. — “To realize one’s destiny is a person’s only obligation…No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it.” ?Each one of us has dreams. ? They are not to be tossed aside as silly thoughts but as callings. Each of us has been given dreams to pursue in order to have a fulfilled life causing the world energy to be more positive. Kind of like we are all connected, right?
- Follow your heart always. — “Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure…You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say.” This point reminds me of a person majoring in a field they don’t really love and find themselves either unhappy 10 years later or doing something completely different than what they went to school for. Follow your heart, the rest will come.
- Never let fear stop you. — “People need not fear the unknown if they are capable of achieving what they need and want.” SO many times, we are paralyzed thinking about the unknown. How will I get the job? What will they say? How should I react? When really, we are fully capable to handle everything that comes our way; we already have the tools within us. I mean look how far we have come so far! We need to not let fear EVER get in the way of following our hearts. Otherwise, we risk living a ‘less than’ life. “Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart…People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.”
- See life simply. — “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.” This quote is motherhood right to the core (at least for me). If there is anything that my children have taught me, it’s that the world is always talking, showing and guiding us in the simplest of ways. We just have to see the bug on the floor, hear the words from the stranger and look up at the trees.
- Live outside of your comfort zone. — “You have to choose between what you have become accustomed to and something you want.” Do not settle. Do not become so accustomed to things that you opt-out of pursuing your most fulfilled life. You can not!
- Trust your gut. — All throughout the story, Santiago receives signs or “omens” on what move to make next to get to his treasure. Life for us, gives us these same omens that we have to practice listening to. A lot of times, we overthink things or push our way out of things. These are the life cues that we have to listen to, to get to our treasure.
- Manifesting works! — ““And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” The journey to fulfilling your dream, finding your treasure, is always a generous one. Trust that. The resources you need will appear. Know that. Enough said.
- Never give up. — “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” I’ve heard this from achievers in every field of life. Everyone will fall. Expect it. The important thing is to keep getting back up. The breakthrough is right after the darkest moment.
There is so much online about this book if you wanted to further research the meaning of things. These are just my quick snippets.
Have a great book you read recently Moms? Let me know. I’d love to hear about it! Comment or email me.