It’s Soul Sunday and it’s starting to get chilly outside right? That means it’s time to stat breaking out the warm soup recipes as a way to beat the chilly willies (totally made up phrase ?) and nourish your soul.
A week ago, I promised this recipe. So, before I go to sleep, here it is:
- 8 organic tomatoes off the vine, sliced in halves
- 2 large organic onions, sliced in half
- 4-5 garlic cloves (as much as you like), smashed
- Coconut oil
- Himalayan pink salt
- Can of fire roasted tomatoes (I got mine from Trader Joes)
- Basil, prefer fresh but I use dry if nothing else
- In baking pan, place halved tomatoes, onions and smashed garlic and covered with 4 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle 2 teaspoons of salt. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, until onions start to brown.
- Let tomatoes and onions cool a little, then puree in a processor (I have a Magic Bullet) until totally liquid in form (Some people don’t like to use the tomato skin, but I do).
- Pour liquid tomato/onion combination into pot, add as much basil as you desire, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and salt and a can of the fire-roasted diced tomatoes. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes with very low heat.
- EAT! (After you let it cool ?)
Depending on how heavy I am with the onions and garlic, my soup will be a lighter red color. But the flavor is great! Let me know how this recipe turns out for you. Comment below.
Do you have a good soup recipe? Please share in the comments below.